Orchid Wax Cuff Completed...if she likes it.
Had a little change...
...We changed out the sesquipedales (on each side of the cuff) for the Aerangis articulata. It took some work but I totally understands her reasoning but glad we kept the main orchid, the sobennikoffia.
I can't really show off her beautiful photographs but look up the Aerangis articulata and you can see where I'm going with this.
Everything a little sharp right now...nothing has been attached, sort of laying on my frame at this point.
Making progress, all of the orchids will have a polished finish but I still have a lot of fine tuning before that can happen.
Sculpting three of these little orchids to put on
the other side of cuff.
|Working on the side of the cuff today.|
I have added Orchid leaves, couple of buds and another smaller orchid to one side.
The other side is going to have a cluster of smaller orchids.
Once the whole concept is completed, I'll take all of the pieces off and fine tune every piece and add the final detail to everything.
Fiddled with the design a bit, took the orchid off and now I'm re-sculpting it to look like a angraecoid orchid based on the photos Sarah has sent me. It has to be perfect and that's tough because I'm taking a very three dimensional flower and having to flatten it out yet have all the characteristics. I did make a little change in the design but that's why I quickly made the orchid and wanted to see it on the cuff. Great thing about wax...it allows you to melt, scrape, & cut until it's exactly like you want it.
Well so far, this was what I saw in my head...now I have to add the leaves, more buds plus add several smaller orchids to the right and left side of the center flower.
I have a lot more work to do...only about 20% completed so I'll keep you posted on the progress.
Well its time to start sculpting on Sarah's Cuff. I spent yesterday feeding my mind on orchid pictures,
looking at stems, buds and flowers...
...so now its time to make the base of the cuff which I've decided to make based on the curly stems. I know those have a different name but "stem" is working for me at the moment. Once I make a base, I can start sculpting the orchid components...one petal at a time.